It’s summer, and the last thing we want is to turn on the stove or oven for any extended period of time.
But we want cookies. We need cookies. And they demand them.
And because it’s summer and we’re looking at berries galore, let’s borrow a hint for these macaroons, making them just a little bit different and a little bit special.
And chocolate of course. Just a drizzle. Make it a little messy.
Because remember it’s summer?
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a food processor or blender, add the raspberries and pulse into a fine powder. Reserve about 6 TB for this recipe and set the rest aside for another use.
- Combine all the ingredients but the chocolate into a medium sized bowl. Mix well and form into balls about 1 TB each.
- On a lined cookie sheet, place the balls about 2” apart. They won’t spread, so don’t worry.
- Bake 18-20 minutes until golden brown. Do not be tempted to overbake- they will set up when the cool. Let cool on the baking sheet about 10 minutes and then move to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in a microwavable bowl. Be sure not to burn the chocolate. Using a piping bag or a spoon, drizzle the chocolate over the finished macaroons.