Moms Magazine welcomes your submissions of original content including blogs, stories, and research on the following subjects:
- Little Kid
- MomPreneurs ex: Tell us your start up story, or your experience running a business as a Mom
- Mom Blogging – We love Mom Blogs- Tell us about yours!
Moms Magazine is committed to delivering only the best and most interesting news and insights to our community of Moms. Our team of writers and editors uses editorial discretion when we publish submitted content. Editorial discretion includes the decision to publish the article, as well as layout, title, graphics, spelling and grammar. Before submitting your articles, please consider our guidelines below.
All syndicated content will be featured and distributed to our entire social media network of almost 200,000 friends, fans and followers on all different social media channels. All posts should be:
- written in 12 point font
- tagged for SEO accordingly
- include at least 1 image (but hopefully more) preferably horizontal; appropriate size range of 200-600 KB scaled to 640 X 480
- give appropriate photo credit if not original
- posts should also include a 2 sentence author bio at the bottom
Our goal to help our bloggers get published and help major media sites find the bloggers and content that will best fit their editorial needs. Accordingly, the editorial team at Moms Magazine is dedicated to finding, promoting, and maintaining a selection of high-quality content based on the needs of our community.
What we look for:
- Original Content that complements our existing web site content to enhance our members’ experience
- Unique perspectives that add a distinctive voice to feature content
- Ethical and fair writing that doesn’t put the publisher in a compromising position
- Vibrant, timely/current content
What we avoid:
- Content that is excessively promotional/self-promotional
- Offensive content and language
- Excessive spelling/grammar errors/ALL CAPS
- Copyright infringement (Make sure you have the right to share the content, words and images you post)
- “Repurposed” and “republished” work must still be yours to share.
Tips and Selection Criteria
- The more frequently you post, the more likely a publisher will be able to find you.
- Make sure your blog offers a distinct voice.
- We do want full-length essay-style posts (300 words minimum) with only unique content.
- Spell-check, grammar-check, polish it up.
- Take a second look at the layout. Copying and pasting from certain programs produces strange spaces, please try to fix them.
Build community. This means moderating your comments, featuring users’ content on your blog, and interacting with users regularly and in a timely fashion.
Blog frequently and intelligently. This usually means quality over quantity.
Be a trustworthy source. Try to be a valuable source of great information. Give credit where credit is due by linking and giving proper attribution. This applies to copyrighted images and graphics as well as the written text.
Use good judgment. When you post content, you are a representative of Moms Magazine and your fellow community members. Please use good judgment when dealing with fellow readers and bloggers online and in public.
Keep us in the loop. We want to know if you have a problem or need to bounce an idea around.
If you are interested in becoming a syndicated columnist, we ask that you first write a blog for Moms Magazine in accordance with the guidelines set forth above.
As a Reminder…
Moms Magazine owns the copyright of all content submitted to the magazine, but we want you to share your work with your followers and fans! If you want to link the post to your own site, great! Many of our contributors do that by providing a short intro paragraph or excerpt from the post with a link to the rest of the article on Moms Magazine. For example: “Check out my latest post on Moms Magazine about the 7 things that annoy me about being a mom that I would be sad if I never experienced (fill in excerpt from post)… for the full article click here (insert link to post on Moms Magazine).
This is important so search engines will know where to direct traffic and neither one of us will get penalized in our search rankings. We’re just looking out for everyone!