Ask Mom

Questions and Answers from Mom.

Why does my son get so many nosebleeds? What can I do to stop them?

If your daughter is having frequent nosebleeds, something could be wrong. The occasional nosebleed is pretty common, especially for children who have frequent dry...

Is skim milk as healthy as whole milk?

Some families turn to skim milk or non-fat milk as a healthy drink instead of whole milk. Fortunately, this is a good thing. Skim...

What learning disorders are common in children?

Learning disorders are not uncommon in children, and they often result in decreased self-esteem and motivation at school. Fortunately, teachers can often catch learning...

What are safe ways to add flavor to my child’s food?

Fortunately, there are plenty of safe ways to add flavor to food that even children can appreciate. Simply because they are children does not...

What causes acid reflux in children?

Acid reflux, which includes symptoms like spitting up and heartburn, is not uncommon in children. This condition is typically caused by food lifting from...

Are there any positive effects of ADHD I can share with my child?

Actually, there are several positive effects of ADD if you are willing to look for them. One of the most common positive effects is...

Is it better for my son to have the flu shot or nasal spray?

Whether your child should get the flu shot or nasal spray is up to you. There are pros and cons to both preventative measures....

My son loves juice, but I’m worried juice is bad for teeth. Is this the case?

It is true that juice is bad for teeth, especially if it is loaded with sugar. Sugar eats away at the enamel surrounding the...

How do I know if my toddler is overweight?

Unfortunately, many parents fail to realize that their toddlers can be overweight. Additionally, seeing your child every day might make it difficult to notice...

Is it okay to schedule a C-section?

Waiting those last final weeks can make it quite tempting to schedule a C-section, but there are certainly a few reasons why doctors advise...